Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yarn Cat



Dedicated to my first follower.

use an f hook (larger or smaller depending on your finger size).
sc 6 in a circle
sc twice in each sc around (12)
ch 3
sc in 2nd ch from hook
sc in next st (on the round)
sc 4
ch 3
sc in 2nd ch fron the hook
sc in next st (on the round)
sc 8 around round
skip ear and sc in first st after ear
sc 3
skip ear and sc in first st after ear
sc 7
sc around (12)
decrease one st, sc 1, decrease one st, sc in next 4 st, decrease in next 2 st (8)
sc around for three rounds (8)
sc in next 2 st, slip stich, ch 10
sc in 2nd ch fron hook
2 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, sc 6
slip stitch in original st
finish off and hide thread ends.
Sew tips of ears to top of head to make it look less mouse-like and more cat-like. Sew on eyes and nose and mouth. Steal three bristles from a broom and cut to size. Weave bristles through face.

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! How talented you are! I plan to make several of your free patterns. Thank you so very much! Looks like I am your 50th follower (do I get some kind of prize, ha-ha!) P.S. Your designs are really charming and I love the way you write them, very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something wrong in the pattern. I do 3 ch and then 5 sc, then 3 ch and 8 sc? I don't have 8 sc but 6 sc. I don't understand, could you help me, pls? Anyway thank you very much that you shared the pattern, I love it. 😊

    ReplyDelete